Monday 25 July 2016

Celtic: Kolo Toure excited to work with Brendan Rodgers again

Kolo Toure



New Celtic signing Kolo Toure is looking forward to "something really special" after reuniting with manager Brendan Rodgers.
The 35-year-old defender worked with Rodgers at Liverpool.
"He is a top manager," enthused the Ivory Coast international. "For me, he is one of the best.
"He did a great job at Swansea then he came to Liverpool, did a great job again, and I am sure he will do a great job here."
Having signed a one-year deal on Sunday, Toure, who has also played for Arsenal and Manchester City, is not in Celtic's travelling party for the Champions League trip to Kazakhstan ahead of the first leg of a third-round qualifier against Astana.
"I'm fit," he said. "But of course I have just joined the team and I need time to be ready.
"I can't tell you when but I am ready right now in my mind and I will give everything I have got every day to be able to help my team-mates.
"I just joined the club and there are players who have been working really hard for two months. The manager is the best guy to make the decision. For me, I stick to anything the manager says because every decision he makes is for the good of the team.
"I will be with them in my heart, I will pray for them as well. Definitely we'll do it."

'Inspirational' Toure is key asset

Toure played in the 2006 Champions League final with Arsenal and assistant manager Chris Davies believes the arrival of such an "inspirational" player will be a valuable asset on and off the field.
"He's a top defender with real authority and experience," said Davies.
"We are not only getting a really good player but someone who can inspire players around them to help the team.
"He has been working with a personal trainer so it is an important week physically for him and we will see how it goes."


No comments:

Post a Comment