Saturday 28 May 2016

Fernando Torres on champions league final :: " most important game of my life"

Fernando Torres and Cristiano Ronaldo
Atletico Madrid have never won the European Cup while Real have 10 wins


Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres believes Saturday's Champions League final meeting with Real Madrid is the "most important" game of his life.
The Spaniard, 32, won the trophy with Chelsea in 2012 and has also won the World Cup and European Championships.
But since making his debut in 2001 and returning last year, Torres has never won a major trophy with Atletico.
"This is different, this is special," said Torres. "It's what I wanted when I was a kid, more than I dreamed."
"Without any doubt it's the most important, special and lovely game of my life," added Torres, whose Atleti loan deal and contract at parent club AC Milan expire at the end of the season.
"Anything I can do with the club that gave me the chance to start my career, the team I was a fan of since I was five years old, is different to anything else I've won."
Torres, who left the Vicente Calderon to join Liverpool in 2007, missed Atletico's spell of success from 2010 to 2014 where the club claimed two Europa League wins, the Spanish Cup and the La Liga title in 2014.
He has managed 12 goals for Diego Simeone's side this term as they finished third in La Liga and booked a place in what is a re-run of the 2014 Champions League final.

No comments:

Post a Comment